GoPro8 review

So I bought this GoPro 8 a couple weeks ago for vlog in Vietnam. I'll give you guys the low down, pros en cons etc. Pros: video quality is great, light years better then iPhone 6s and Huawei nova 3i the rest(ex: iPhone X, Samsung 14) I'm not sure 'cause I'm so far behind lmao I'm still using windows 7 and I literally just updated my Mac a couple months ago from Snow Leopard to OSX Seirra. Stuck in the past I guess but mostly because electronics are disposable now. Most of the laptops are soldered together. Talk about 1000usd is disposable??....anyways back to the GoPro8. So the sound quality is crystal clear the only thing you have to be careful with is accidentally covering the mics. There are 2 mics I believe, one on the front under the camera and one on the side under the power button. If you use a stand or selfie stick this wont be an issue but if you wanna hold it in your hand you gotta make sure you don't cover them otherwise your audio is muffled. Another thing about the mic is after you have taken it underwater sometimes the audio is muffled when you emerge because there's still water stuck inside in guessing. Not a big deal to just shake it a little after you've done a dive or underwater clip. As you all probably know this GoPro only last about 2hrs 30 mins max so one of the most useful features is the recording on startup so basically you hit the record button and the GoPro automatically turns on to record then when you're done you hit the record button again and when you're finished the camera automatically shuts off. To me this is a great feature for saving the battery and also if you want to take a quick video. It doesn't matter which setting its on. for example if you've left it on time-lapse or photo and then you hit the record button its still going to record the normal video.



https://cdn0.vox-cdn.com/hermano/verge/product/image/9182/brose_190930_3699_0012_squ.jpg



I bought this gopro brand new and I also bought a silicone case and tempered glass screen protectors with it. I'm gunna say the most annoying thing with this gopro is the touch screen. At first I thought it was because I had a tempered glass screen protector on it but then I read other peoples reviews and they also have the same problem. If the screen is even slightly wet it will not respond!!! This is soo annoying especially when you are just trying to quickly review your recording then continue. It is extremely time consuming and also drains the battery. If you use the gopro app to record every time you won't have any issues but if you actually want to use the touchscreen and your sweating balls its gunna be horrible. Another con is the actual size of the screen itself. In my opinion I think its too small, most of the time I just view the photos and videos on the app or on my laptop. The last CON is the way the files are saved to the Micro SD card. So you have the standard .MP4 file which is your HD video but then it also saves 2 other file extensions .LRV which are low resolution video files used when you play the videos through the gopro app and .THM files are .JPG thumbnails used by GoPros as photo previews. Both are used by the GoPro mobile apps. So if you don't use the app at all these files are a waste of space on your Micro SD card and you can only delete them from a computer. THIS WAS EXTREMELY ANNOYING! Basically I emptied my 64gb micro sd to find out its not actually empty! GRR
Overall so far I hve had a good experience with the GoPro 8 and I would recommend it. It's small, convenient and waterproof up to 196ft.


https://images.firstpost.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/go-pro-hero-8-1024x768.jpg

Comments

  1. would you suggest to get other gopro equipment from them or is there any other better brands?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have not bought any other gopro products yet but I am thinking of buying the external microphone attachment.

      Delete
  2. they should improve their touch screen though it is kinda new. but honestly i prefer buttons given that this is an action camera which makes sense because it is more convenient

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes I agree! when spending about $400 USD the touch screen should not be temperamental

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts